Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sweet Baby Charlotte

These first 5 weeks with Charlotte have flown by, just like I knew they would.  Getting used to having two girl has definitely had it's challenges. 
Miss Charlotte is happiest when in our arms, which is a bit of a problem when you're chasing after a 2-year-old all day long.  She is only content in a rocker or her car seat when she's fast asleep.  Otherwise, she makes these charming grumpy grunts over and over and over again... :) 
While I love having two babies, it does make it very difficult to have any alone time with Charlotte.  My favorite time of the day with my sweet baby is during Lily's nap when we sneak into my bed and snuggle for a few hours, just the two of us.  I also don't mind getting up throughout the night with her because I get to actually enjoy nursing her without Lily crawling all over both of us!
Josh and I are trying to take in every second of Charlotte's newborn phase because we know how fast it goes by.  There is nothing quite like the smell and snuggles of a little lumpy baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment