Monday, August 29, 2011

Charlotte's 1st morning of PMO

Today was our baby girl's first day at St. Stephen's Preschool for their PMO program.  We have her signed up to go one day a week from 9-12 to give her a chance to meet new friends and to give Lily and I some special time together. 
Here are some pics of our exciting morning:

Good morning, big girl!
 So excited!
 New dress for the first day, of course!
 And new shoes, too!
Second thoughts about her outfit, maybe??
  This girl lets you know when she's not happy...
with real tears :(
 Looking way too big with her backpack on...
 A little nervous...
 but still very excited!
While Charlotte was at school, Lily and I headed to Barnes and Noble.  Lily loved having some alone time with me.  She kept saying, "Mommy, you're my best friend.  Well, you and Emma Jane, and Kaitlyn, and Addie...,"and the list went on.  At least I made the cut!
So, How did Charlotte's first day go?  Well, her teacher said that she was "pretty sad today" when I asked that very question.  She said that she would cry, then play for a few minutes, and then start crying again.  I'm not sure why it never occurred to me that this poor child naps every morning from 9:30-11!  It honestly never crossed my mind and I have no idea why.  She could barely keep her eyes open when I picked her up at 11, and I wasn't even out of the parking lot when I looked back to see her fast asleep in her car seat.  I moved her into her crib when we got home and had to wake her up for a late lunch at 1:30! 
So, not sure if this PMO thing is going to work out for Miss Charlotte just yet.  I will be a little bummed about losing that solo time with Lily, but I'm totally fine with keeping my baby girl home with me everyday another year.
By the way, I don't think I ever mentioned that Charlotte is walking now.  She started about a week after her 1st birthday and has pretty much mastered it now.  Can't believe I didn't blog about it...I'm going to blame that one on summer!

2 comments: