Friday, March 11, 2011

Pretty in Purple + Pizza

The girls looked especially cute in their purple outfits the other day so I had to snap a few shots:

I don't usually post recipes because I'm very unoriginal and I steal pretty much everything I make from other blogs.  But I made a very random pizza that actually turned out great so I thought I would share.  I guess it was a cross between bar-b-que chicken and mexican pizza.  Whatever it was, Josh and I both thought it was delicious.

For the Pizza:
1 Pillsbury Pizza Dough
1/2 Sweet Onion, chopped
5 pieces of Bacon, chopped
1/3 cup Sharp Cheddar, shredded
1/3 cup Pepper Jack, shredded
1/2 cup Bar-b-Que Sauce (I used Stubs Spicy)
1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped

For the Cool Cream Drizzle:
1/3 cup Sour Cream
Juice of 1 Lime
Salt & Pepper to taste

I pre-baked the crust for about 6 minutes @ 425 before topping with bar-b-que sauce, onion, bacon and cheeses.  I then baked the pizza @ 425 for 10 more minutes.  While it was in the oven I made the cream drizzle, put it in a Ziploc bag and snipped the corner off with siccorrs.  When the pizza was done I topped it with the drizzle and cilantro. 

Of course, Lily wouldn't touch it.  So we resorted to her usual:
This is what I get now when I ask her to smile for a picture...nice:
And this is what Charlotte (aka Charbug, Buggy, Bugs - which we all, including Lily, call the poor kid) had:

CARROTS!
Not sure when, where or why the nickname started, but it has stuck!  Coincadentally, I was known as Sarsura (not sure about the spelling) for years.  Come to find out, Sarsura apparently means "little cockroach" in Arabic (my dad is Lebanese).  Interesting...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment